Sunday, November 30, 2008

19

Some musings about another birthday that has rapidly come upon me.
19 is such a small number when compared to eternity, but it’s no less important. It’s still a year God has given. A year full of new love, lessons, pain and hurt, redemption, growth, failure and triumph. New adventures will begin and the end of current ones will come oh so quickly, new friendships will begin and the ends of others shall come. There are so many questions still to be answered, so many things to learn, and to accomplish. So much will try to distract and derail one who is trying to follow a difficult path. But I must keep a hold tight on the one who has gone before me and walks alongside holding my hand, for He will hold me up when I stumble, be a light for my feet to follow when I begin to lose my way. He will be a strong shoulder to lean on when my legs grow faint, and the provider of sustenance when my body longs for nourishment. There is no obstacle to big, or complicated that can fool Him, no enemy who can ever defeat Him, and none more zealous for my success.

1 comment:

EliasCarlson said...

Happy almost birthday brother. May this next year find you closer to the Father. I love you man.

- Elias