Sunday, November 2, 2008

life...part 1

Over a month has slipped through the passages of bustling hallways since I left my home. It seems like just a week ago that I was saying good by to my friends and family, but now as I have a weekend of peace, while the majority of students are away on travel weekend, I can stop and think about what has happened in the month that has fallen into the past. 
When you leave home, all alone, everything can be so overwhelming and sometimes scary. The flood of new faces, places and facts can overload a human brain. The daily pouring of knowledge, facts, relationship building, studying, and everything else that floods a person when they are surrounded by 180 other people and a million different activities and opportunities to choose from can be very tiring. A weekend off can make all the difference. Having the entire castle almost entirely empty and being able to relax for once, brings a much needed sense of peace. 

1 comment:

Daveeed said...

Son, I know you found those hallowed halls, emptied, full in other ways while so many of your new found friends frolicked around England or Scotland...no doubt you too would have enjoyed such...but clearly here you're conveying a sense of the greater reality: becoming further abandoned to Him in whom we live and move and have our being! Daily I'm praying this abandonment grows in and through you!

Papa